We are really delighted that the organizers of the Gig’n the Bann festival have asked Ceol FM to help publicize and promote this years festival in Portglenone in Antrim. There’s a great lineup of events and performers this weekend so this is a great opportunity for our listeners to hear some really amazing musicians and groups as well as immersive sessions between now and Sunday the 17th of September. Please tune in to Ceol FM during the weekend or better yet, come to the festival and participate in what is going to be a brilliant weekend of Ceol.
Ceol FM will be broadcasting regularly from Friday to Sunday and will cover the following events.
Throughout the day:
- Listen to this lovely singing session recorded in The Crosskeys Inn. We will play recordings of this session regularly. We will also post clips to Facebook, audioboom and Sound cloud.
- Live Concert. Venue: The wild duck inn. Time: 8:00PM.
Please tune in live to Ceol FM to listen to this live.
Throughout the day:
- Throughout Saturday we will regularly broadcast a session recorded on Friday night in The Wild Duck inn. Like all recordings, This will be available on Facebook, Audioboom and Sound cloud. We will also add all of the recordings to a special Gig’n the Bann podcast.
- Regular live clips of Pipe’n the Bann. This will be held out side in Bank Square. From 1:30PM to 5PM.
Performers include McNeillstown, Broughshane & District, Kilrea and Ballydonaghy.
This event could be moved in side if the weather is wet. Alternative venue is the Riverside Suite at the Wild Duck Inn.
- Live CD Launch of Strung. This will be held in the Church of Ireland so it’s going to sound brilliant. It will start at 2:00PM.
- Live Festival concert. Venue: Wild Duck Riverside Suite. Time: 8:30PM.
Throughout the day
- Recordings from the Session in The Wild Duck. These will be played regularly during Sunday along with other recordings from Saturday such as the session in the GAA Social Club and other clips of formal performances. Sunday on Ceol FM will also include recordings that were published from Thursday and Friday as well.
This is the first time that Ceol FM has undertaken this type of coverage. During the Fleadh in Ennis we published every day to social media and our website but this is a great new opportunity. We thank the committee of the Gig’n the Bann festival as we know you are going to really enjoy this weekend’s programming.